The Marketing Intern will work closely with the Marketing Manager and assist with special projects including development and coordination of traditional and electronic promotions, conduct research, generate reports and other tasks to help generate business for the Virginia Beach Convention Center. The intern will also aid in managing contact lists, photo and press libraries and be involved with our social media initiatives.
• Candidate’s academic focus should be in marketing or communications
• Background in event management and/or the hospitality/tourism industries is a plus
• Outstanding customer service, good interpersonal relations, excellent verbal and written communication skills, ability to work independently and with a group
• A strong familiarity with e-marketing and social media marketing is preferred.
• General proficiency with Microsoft Office, electronic marketing tools including Constant Contact and Survey Monkey, social media platforms including Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest, online photo storage site, Flickr and content management systems
• Advanced proficiency with Adobe Suite Software including Photoshop and Illustrator is preferred
Virginia Beach Convention Center | 1000 19th Street | Virginia Beach, VA 23451
Hours: Summer, fall and spring internships are available. A schedule will be agreed upon prior to the start of the internship.
Forward cover letters and resumes to:
Katie Glaser | Marketing Manager
Virginia Beach Convention Center
1000 19th Street | Virginia Beach, VA 23451
Telephone (757) 385-2170 | Fax: (757) 437-2081 | KGlaser@vbgov.com
http://www.vbconventioncenter.com | http://www.facebook.com/VBCC1 | http://www.twitter.com/VBCC