Press releases are one of the most powerful new business generation tools available to you. Here is a link to a blog that has a list of free online distribution resources. It is important, however, to know some basic fundamentals in order to get the most benefit from your releases.
- Be timely – old news is not news
- Be newsworthy – make sure it is an item that is a value to your target audience
- Use proper grammar, punctuation, and spelling
- Include links and keywords, when/where appropriate, to increase SEO
- Be brief – you are not writing an entire article; the purpose is to generate more interest
- Include data and cite resources (with links)
- Make sure you provide contact information including Twitter, Skype and other instant messaging accounts